- VMware, Inc. shares were down over 7% on Wednesday after the company’s CEO Pat Gelsinger joined Intel.
- Gelsinger will meanwhile be replaced by CFO Zane Rowe, while the board of directors and the majority stake of Dell Technologies decide on a replacement.
- Commenting on Gelsinger’s departure, Michael Dell, VMware CEO, “I speak on behalf of the board of directors, management and employees of VMware to thank Pat for his leadership at VMware, and we are pleased to keep him on our board of directors . “
- Gelsinger led VMware to a 12.46% revenue increase in 2020.
- Register here for our daily newsletter 10 things before the opening bell.
VMware, Inc. shares fell over 7% on Wednesday after the company’s CEO Pat Gelsinger joined Intel.
Gelsinger is stepping down after almost ten years at the helm of the Palo Alto-based provider of virtualization and cloud computing software, although he continues to …