Earlier this week, Google launched Android 13 during its I/O developer conference and released the Android 13 Beta2 beta version for Pixels. Meanwhile, a number of other Android device manufacturers have announced their own Android 13 betas, or developer previews. HMD Global has now announced that it can now be tested with the Nokia X20. It’s worth noting that HMD is calling this a developer preview and not a beta, so the new version might leave something to be desired.
If you want to try it too, you can now do so from the My Device app on the Nokia X20, find the support interface in the bottom banner and then the Android 13 developer preview below. After you pass the IMEI exam Registered for Android 13 DP, you can start using it. Nokia will release the new version over the air within 12 hours after successful application and registration.
Of course, you can also check the update manually yourself after a successful application and you will receive the update in about 20 minutes. Specifically, you can go to “Settings > About phone > System update” to check.
In the Android 13 DP version there is a pre-installed customer feedback app through which you can report any issues found. If you need to roll back to Android 12, you can also request it from My Devices.
Nokia X20 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 450 nits brightness, 82% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm mobile platform (2GHz x 2 + 1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable storage up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48 MP (64 MP in X20) rear camera with LED flash, ZEISS optics, 5 MP ultra wide camera, 2 MP depth, 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, OZO audio
- 8 MP (32 MP in X20) front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Splashproof (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.94 x 79.7 x 9.1mm; Weight: 210g (X10) / 220g (X20)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4470mAh (typical) battery with 18W charging
The Android 13 system comes with the brand new Google Wallet, which supports boarding, concerts, vaccination cards and other tickets in addition to payments. A Security and Privacy Settings page will be added later this year. A site collects all important privacy information and aims to encourage Android users to address any security concerns they may have. Android 13 also allows users to set the system language per app. This is also helpful for multilingual users who rely on different languages in different situations.