Nintendos The quarterly financial report is in and it shows that Nintendo is absolutely killing it when it comes to selling console sand software.
The Nintendo Switch has now sold 79.98 million units, which means it has overtaken the Nintendo 3DS and is less than two million from the Game Boy Advance and just under 20 million less than the Nintendo Wii that it will hit in the world seems next couple of years.
When it comes to software, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still at the forefront with 33.41 million units. Animal Crossing: New Horizons hit 31.18 million which is incredible for a game that has been on the market for less than a year. To put it in context, it has now sold more than 10 million copies more than Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Sword / Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild.
When it comes to newer software, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit has moved 1.08 million, Pikmin 3 Deluxe 1.94 million units, Age of Calamity 2.84 million units, and Super Mario 3D All-Stars 8.32 million units
NINTENDO SWITCH SOFTWARE SALE
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 33.41 m
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 31.18M
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 22.85 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 21.45M
- Pokémon Sword / Shield – 20.35M
- Super Mario Odyssey – 20.23
- Super Mario Party – 13.82 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu / Eevee! – 13.00M
- Splatoon 2 – 11.90 m
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 9.82 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 9.13 m
- Ring Fit Adventure – 8.68 m
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 8.32 million
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.05M
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 2.842 million
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 2.62M
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 1.94 m.
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition – 1.48 million
- Mario Kart Live: home distance – 1.08 m
It will be very interesting to see which direction Nintendo is going this year. Right now it’s clear they can’t go wrong, and I’d say these numbers make me wonder if they’d be bothering with a Nintendo Switch Pro right now.