Microsoft has neglected PC gaming in the past, but it is trying to change that in a big way – by promising its flagship product gloriole Infinite will feel like a native PC game when it releases later this year. We have known that for many months It wouldn’t be the Xbox Series X’s killer app.But Microsoft is trying to make PC gamers feel like they are premium citizens too, with features as forward-looking as support for 32: 9 super ultrawide monitors like the Samsung Odyssey G9 that I tested late last year.
This morning, We learned that the game would support ultrawide monitorsIn addition to triple keybinds, advanced graphics options and cross-play and cross-progression between Xbox and Windows PCs. But today evening, the Halo waypoint Blog went much deeperand reveal what Infinite will look like 32: 9 and a host of other PC gamer-friendly details like the ability to adjust your field of view up to 120 degrees – and the ability to host your own LAN multiplayer server!
In my Samsung Odyssey G9 review, I complained, as did the games to do The 32: 9 support usually looks unusual and is sprawled wildly on each side. Provided over a dozen examples how they don’t properly adjust the shape and curvature of the window they open into the 3D game world. But Halo Infinite Mike Romero, head of PC development, says the game supports any window size and can fit HUD, menus, and even in-game cutscenes into the wider aspect ratios.
“There are dozens of people in the studio who have gone to great lengths to support something like ultrawide throughout the game, and I’m really excited to say that we will have some of the best ultrawide support that I have had ever seen a game, ”boasts Romero.
Looking at this Halo Infinite With 32: 9 images, I don’t immediately realize that Microsoft has solved the 32: 9 problem. For example, if you look at the hill to the right of this picture below, the gaming world still seems a bit skewed and warped.
But it’s clear that if you’re one of the few who stepped up to an ultrawide monitor – and of course, have a PC powerful enough to run it – you’ll see a lot more of the game world at once this way Taxes .
Here is a short list of all of the PC-like benefits Microsoft promises:
- LAN game, hosting a local multiplayer server on a PC that you can join from both PC and Xbox
- Crossplay, where ranked matches are limited to input type rather than console or PC, with server-side anti-cheat
- Adjustable field of view (up to 120 degrees) on PC and console
- Mouse and keyboard support on PC and console
- Triple keyboard and mouse bindings
- Visual quality settings up to ultra presets on the PC with individual settings for texture quality, depth of field, anti-aliasing, etc.
- High refresh rate options
- 21: 9, 32: 9 ultrawide monitor support for PCs from PC
- Minimum and maximum frame rate settings on the PC
- Fixed and dynamic resolution scaling options on PC
- Optional borderless full screen mode on PC
- FPS and ping overlay on PC
- With out-of-game multiplayer invites, you can play on Xbox Live, Discord, and Steam