Microsoft Ignite 2019 is under way in Orlando, Florida. This typically is Microsoft’s top enterprise event for cloud, data, business intelligence, teamwork, and productivity topics.
Stay tuned to this live blog for customer and partner updates involving Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and m0re. Here are the updates so far.
1. Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics: Microsoft announced on Monday a new service aimed at helping large businesses put to use the huge amounts of data stored in corporate systems, Reuters reports. The Azure Synapse Analytics system is meant to help companies build out systems that analyze large amounts of data to make better business decisions, such as whether a digital marketing campaign is driving more traffic to stores and websites, Reuters says.
2. Azure Security – Partner Integrations. A lengthy list of security companies announced various integrations with Azure Security Center and other Microsoft cloud services. Here are links to announcements from Check Point Software Technologies, Fortinet, Qualys, Secureworks and Trustwave. Note: Both Secureworks and Trustwave are Top 200 MSSPs for 2019, according to MSSP Alert.
3. Managed Azure Threat Detection and Response: Trustwave launched Microsoft Azure Threat Detection and Response services to help organizations secure their cloud environments..
4. Azure Multi-Cloud Data Protection: Zerto 7.5 now supports Azure Managed Disks, native scale-out, mobility between regions and managed service identities. Those capabilities allow Zerto customers to embrace Azure for multi-cloud, disaster recovery and migration projects, the company says.
5. Backup for Office 365 and Microsoft Azure: Veeam has unveiled a public beta release of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4, and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
6. Got Microsoft Ignite 2019 news to share?: Send me the tip – Joe@AfterNines.com. We’ll be updating this blog throughout the conference.