- microsoft corp MSFT brought together other big-name cloud computing providers to urge the US to spread its spending on such services more broadly, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- Microsoft targeted Amazon.com Inc AMZN Dominance in such contracts by moving.
- The cloud computing providers addressed were included alphabet inc WELL Google google, Oracle Corp ORCL, VMware, Inc VMW, Dell Technologies Inc Dell, International Business Machines Corp IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co HPE.
- Also read: US Department of Defense Delays Cloud Computing Contract: What You Need to Know
- Microsoft issued talking points with other cloud companies to lobby together in the US and required major government projects to use multi-cloud service providers.
- Amazon dominated the cloud infrastructure industry with a 39% share of the 2021 global market, ahead of Microsoft in second place with a 21% share.
- Amazon’s cloud accounted for 47% of the U.S. and Canadian public sector market in 2021…