Indeed, Mosyle has raised $196 million in Series B financings led by Insight Partners with participation StepStone Group and all previous investors inclusive elephant and Album VCthe companies announced today.
Mosyle is developing an Apple Unified Platform for macOS, iOS and tvOS that includes:
- mobile device management (MDM);
- endpoint security;
- Internet privacy and security;
- identity management; and application management.
About 32,000 companies use Mosyle to manage and secure “millions” of Apple devices every day, although actual deployment numbers have not been disclosed. Additionally, the company has delivered “triple-digit revenue growth since 2020,” although dollar numbers weren’t disclosed either.
Mosyle: Apple Device Management Developments, Alternatives
Among Mosyle’s previous milestones covered by ChannelE2E:
- April 2021: Mosyle launched Mosyle Fuse for Apple devices. The cloud-native solution supports mobile device management (MDM), identity management, automated application installation and patching, and layered endpoint security for Apple-centric businesses, Mosyle said at the time. The company also launched Mosyle Business Free, which offers MDM capabilities for up to 30 devices for free.
- May 2019: Mosyle is beta testing Single Sign-On and Mosyle Auth for Apple Mac customers.
- March 2019: Mosyle introduced a MSP Affiliate Program. Unfortunately, this landing page is now generating a 404 error.
Meanwhile, several MSP software vendors are now offering Mac-centric RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) software features for MSPs. Famous names like ConnectWise, date, Kaseya and N-capable are in the Apple RMM software market. Pure play Apple RMM provider Addy is also in fast growth mode, Addigy CEO Jason Dettbarn to ChannelE2E in March 2022.
Apple Device Management Software: Mergers and Acquisitions
M&A activity has also been hot in Apple’s device management market. Examples of offers are:
- January 2022: PDQ.com acquired SimpleMDMan Apple company for device management software SimpleMDM.
- October 2021: Syncro acquired Watchman Monitoringwhich offers MSPs cloud-based RMM, PSA and SaaS-based health monitoring for Apple Macs and Windows PCs.
- June 2020: Apple acquired Fleetsmith for Mac, iPhone, and iPad remote monitoring and management (RMM) and mobile device management (MDM) software capabilities.
- February 2019: Jamf acquired ZuluDeskwhich combines an Apple iOS and macOS device management company with a major provider of software platforms for schools.
Insight Partners invests in Mosyle: Executive Perspectives
In a prepared statement on the deal, Rebecca Liu-Doyle, managing director at Insight Partners said:
“Mosyle’s relentless focus on continuous product innovation, ease of use, and world-class customer support has cemented its position as the platform of choice for businesses large, small, and educational institutions in the growing space of Apple device management. With the launch of its Apple Unified Platform, Mosyle is one of the first companies to elegantly combine MDM with a broader range of mobile security solutions.”
Alcyr Araujo, Founder and CEO of Mosyle added:
“Over the past year, we have aggressively introduced innovative security and management features that leverage MDM as a medium to extend protection to other layers of the device. Our new Apple Unified Platform is the direct result of these efforts and realizes our vision to combine cloud-native architecture, automation, ease of use and best-in-class customer support for a radically new, fully integrated approach to Apple device management and security. This funding validates that vision and our belief that organizations need more than traditional MDM in today’s hybrid workspace.”
#Kaseya #Owner #Funds #Apple #Device #Management #Software #Platform #Mosyle #ChannelE2E #Technology #News #MSPs #Channel #Partners