Kaseya’s $6.2 billion acquisition of Datto is now set to close this summer — faster than MSP tech companies originally anticipated.
Kaseya’s $6.2 billion acquisition of Datto is now on track to close “summer 2022” – a strong indication that the M&A deal using MSP technology could close in time DattoCon 2022which is scheduled for September.
Kaseya and Datto initially estimated that the M&A deal announced in April 2022 would close “in the second half of 2022.” Some experts wondered if the M&A deal would face additional scrutiny and possible delays by the US Department of Justice. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. In fact, the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 expired on May 25 SEC filing shows.
Next, the deal still requires regulatory approvals in jurisdictions outside of the United States. Still, “Kaseya and Datto expect the merger to consummate in the summer of 2022,” according to an SEC filing.
Any chance Kaseya could close the deal in time? Connect IT Global 2022 Conference – which is scheduled for June 20-23 in Las Vegas? We doubt it. But Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola has a knack for getting things done…
In the meantime, here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming M&A deal:
- First News: Kaseya Acquires Datto to Create Largest MSP Technology Provider
- Who else is bidding for Datto, how much and when?
- Five questions MSPs want Kaseya-Datto to answer
- Kaseya-Datto rivals prepare migration offers
- Insight Partners dominates the cloud backup market and also owns Veeam
- Private Equity Concerns: Why MSPs are Right and Wrong
- How Datto’s Board of Directors Fulfilled Their Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Kaseya-Datto: Timeline revealing what’s next
#Kaseya #Datto #Deal #Expected #Close #Summer #ChannelE2E #Technology #News #MSPs #Channel #Partners