NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Fridaywhile your budget stays intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Regularly check out Christmas shopping tips and announcements about your favorite retailers. Black Friday is November 26th.
Apple released its new iPhone 13 models in September. These new devices will be a big highlight in Black Friday sales, but retailers are also offering the opportunity to make significant savings on previous iPhones.
Promotions have already arrived – as have shipping blocks. We have seen devices like the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 12 on a few websites that were reordered through December. Keep this in mind as you browse the following listings.
What are the best Black Friday iPhone deals in 2021?
Most of the iPhone deals we’ve seen so far are carrier-tied and require a trade-in for the device. Here is an overview of some of the top promotions:
- Verizon is taking up to $ 1,000 from the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max with device swaps in a new line. Customers who switch to Verizon can receive up to $ 1,000 in bonuses. The deal ends on November 17th.
- Verizon gives customers the 64GB iPhone SE for free when they add a new line to an eligible Unlimited plan.
- Best Buy offers up to $ 900 in savings on iPhone 13 Pro with qualified activation and trade-in of iPhone 11 or later, and up to $ 725 in savings on iPhone 13 with qualified activation and trade-in of iPhone 8 or later.
- AT&T has several early, limited-time iPhone deals, including up to $ 800 off the iPhone 13 Pro or Pro Max and a free iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 mini (with eligible trade-ins). Buyers can also get 50% off the 64GB iPhone 12 mini with no trade-in required.
- T-Mobile is offering up to $ 1,000 off iPhone 12 and 13 models with eligible trade-in in the Magenta Max plan and up to $ 500 off iPhone 13 models with trade-in for each plan.
If you are looking for an unlocked device, you may find more options by going the used route. We spotted discounts on refurbished iPhones from retailers like Amazon and GameStop.
This is how you decide whether it is worth it
Inflation and Bottlenecks in the supply chain can result in a smaller selection of offers and longer shipping delays for popular iPhones. Take advantage of discounts while you can find them and prepare for the possibility that the phone you want could last for weeks.
Remember to read the terms and conditions carefully. Savings are usually associated with conditions, e.g. B. trading a previous generation iPhone or adding a line to your account. If an attractive offer is only offered on a different tariff or network, it may be worth getting – as long as you understand what you are signing up for.
How to budget an iPhone
First, think about how much you can afford a new phone. You can a. use Budget planner to estimate your monthly expenses and how much leeway you have.
Compare different iPhone models, colors, and capacities to narrow down your choices before Black Friday. Smaller, older, or refurbished equipment is worth considering if you want to limit your spending. Then, keep an eye out for offers from wholesalers and cellular carriers.