Recognition: David Imel / Android Authority
- Many Google Pixel 4a 5G users complain of touchscreen issues.
- Google has recognized the bug and will release an update in a future update.
- Until then, the company has suggested a few workarounds for navigation.
Lots Pixel 4a 5G Devices are currently facing touchscreen issues that occurred after the December 2020 security update. The issues, which are primarily related to wonky navigation, were first reported by Android police, citing complaints Google’s support forum, the Google Issue Tracker, and XDA Forums. Now Google has recognized the mistake and promised a solution.
“We are aware of this problem and a fix will be included in an upcoming software update,” said a Google community specialist wrote on the official complaint thread. In the meantime, Google recommends using the following tips to improve your device’s responsiveness:
- When tapping icons on the edge of the screen, tap the center of the button or the side of the button / icon furthest from the edge of the screen.
- Use the tip of your finger or thumb instead when tapping icons, including the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen. This will help improve touch recognition.
There’s no clarity about when Google will release the promised solution to the Pixel 4a 5G’s touchscreen problems. It didn’t roll with that Security update for January so it could still take some time. Until then, all you have to do is live with the above workarounds, even though it might not be the most intuitive way to navigate your phone.
Continue reading:: The Best Android Phones You Can Buy Right Now