Discovery has announced Discovery Plus, a new streaming service that includes more than 55,000 episodes of current and classic shows. The service is available immediately in the US starting at $ 4.99 per month.
Discovery Plus launches with support for many of the largest platforms and devices, including Roku and Amazon Fire TV. Here is the complete list::
- Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and later Prime Prime channels
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV. The app is fully integrated into the Apple TV app
- Google devices and platforms including Android ™ phones and tablets, Chromecast with Google TV ™ and other Android TV ™ operating devices, and built-in Google Chromecast ™ and Chromecast ™ devices
- Microsoft Xbox One and Series S / X devices
- The Roku® platform
- 2017 and newer Samsung Smart TVs
The starting line-up for the new service is one of the largest on the market and includes content from networks such as HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Discovery Channel and others. Discovery Plus also features content from A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime.
“Discovery Plus also has more than 50 original titles and over 150 hours of exclusive content to launch, with 1,000 hours of original content in its first year in fan-favorite real-life genres,” said Discovery said in a press release.
If you’re already a Verizon customer on a Play More or Get More Unlimited plan, you can get Discovery Plus free for 12 months. Customers with Start or Do More Unlimited plans get six months of streaming on Verizon. New customers who sign up for Verizon 5G Home Internet or Fios Gigabit Connection receive 12 months of Discovery Plus. The press release states that new Fios customers may also be eligible for three to six months, depending on the plan.
In addition to a $ 4.99 plan for Discovery Plus, there is also an ad-free version for $ 6.99 per month. Each account receives up to five user profiles and four simultaneous streams. After launching in the US, the service will be available in more than 25 markets worldwide later in 2021.